Monday, April 30, 2007

LA Favorites #7: Russ Parsons of the LA Times

Erin's Kitchen is leaving LA! Before I go, I'm asking Angelenos to share their favorite food spots--east to west, high to low. Want to share your favorites? Email me: erinskitchen [at] gmail [dot] com.

LA Favorites #7: Russ Parsons, LA Times food columnist, author of "How to Read a French Fry" and an intrepid farmers' market explorer.

How long have you lived in LA?
I've lived in Los Angeles since 1986.

What neighborhood do you call home?
Long Beach.

Quick--a favorite LA food memory. What's the first one that comes to mind?
Probably lunch at Citrus back in the day, with Michel Richard. But there are so many!

What food or drink does LA do best? And where can I find it?
Impossible to answer. tacos? dim sum? Japanese? hamburgers? "market food"?

Top three spots (restaurants, taco stands, stores, bars, etc) I should visit before I leave LA? What should I order?
For a fine meal, Providence--get the tasting menu with wine pairings. For Chinese, Triumphal Palace. For Mexican, probably La Huasteca in Lynnwood--get the chiles en nogada.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Hey Erin... new york's team is actually called that... they're called New York Red Bull because the company that owns the energy drink owns them. I just like to make fun of the stupid names that American soccer teams have. Later!

Rachael Narins said...

I heart Russ.

And can I add my suggestions for places not to miss? Musso and Frank, and Taylors Prime Steaks. Both for martinis. Mmm. Martinis.

Cheers,
Rachael

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the article, very effective information.
you may link | do not forget 3 | check 6 also 8 | look 1 | check 6 do not forget 9 | good 8

Anonymous said...

The chap is absolutely just, and there is no question.
check 8 | look 1 | this link also here | superb 5 | superb here also 5 | good here