Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Cheesecake, Cheese Plates, and More


Don't you wish you had a slice of this cheesecake with pretzel crust and peanut butter right about now? Yeah, so do I. You can find the recipe here, as well as many other yummy creations by flickr user sashertootie.

As for cheese plates, the Vertical Wine Bistro in Pasadena puts together a nice one, with Cowgirl Creamery's Red Hawk triple cream cheese, one of my favorites. The wine list focuses heavily on flights but each flight wine is available by the glass as well.

Remember when I wrote my valentine to LA, highlighting Paris Baguette? Well I couldn't be happier that a new branch of this French-Asian bakery is opening within walking distance of my office, in the strip mall at the southeast corner of 6th/Alexandria.

Finally, Argentinian foodblogger Pip in the City makes me long for a return trip to Buenos Aires, especially her dulce de leche recipe. For now, Il Capo will have to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, Erin

That cheesecake is simply amazing, now I must find some sort of dessert around my house, and I don´t have any dulce de leche left! :(

I´m glad you liked my recipe, though there´s no need to go to a restaurant. You can just buy some good old dulce de leche and make the cookies for the alfajor. These homemade alfajores are waaaaaay better than anything you can buy, even here in Argentina.

Of course, whenever you do decide to come back to Argentina, drop me an email ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, there's so much effective information above!
this check | good check | also 6 also here | superb 9 | good 7 check 4 | good 7