Friday, September 15, 2006

What You Learn When You're a Wimp


I've written about my love of Trader Joe's pizza dough before. The roll-it-yourself, herby dough makes its way into our weeknight rotation about once or twice a month.

This week, I learned a valuable lesson about another of TJ's products, however. If, try as you might, your wimpy upper arms can't provide enough strength to open a jar of pasta sauce (I often use TJ's basic marinara on my quickie pizzas), leftover Trader Joe's roasted vegetable tapenade works wonders. Robust flavors, just saucy enough, with a hint of basil.

Now, back to the weight lifting.

5 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

I am SO SAD that they don't have Trader Joe's in Utah. I doubt they'd ever consider coming here, sigh. I love their Tuna in Red Panang Curry Sauce (comes already cooked in a pouch that you just heat, do I dare admit that I eat things like that sometimes. It's awesome if you haven't tried it. When I visit my brother I stock up!

Anonymous said...

is that a big bubble in the dough? it looks like a giant wart.

mmmm...good looking wart

Erin S. said...

connie--yep, a bubble. I probably didn't roll the dough as thoroughly as I should have, but I'm lazy, what can I say...

Anonymous said...

Wow, that photo is great! We grieve on a regular basis that there are no TJ's in NC either. I could do ALL my grocery shopping at a Trader Joe's if we had one nearby!

I really like your site and am adding it to our blogroll. Thanks for visiting our site and feel free to add us to your list of foodie sites as well.

Neil said...

Thanks so much for this post, quite effective info.
http://store15nov.net | edpillsuk.com | www.aupharmacycounter.com