Friday, June 02, 2006

Ghetto Gourmet, Coming to LA

So there's a guy in Berkeley/Oakland that likes to host yummy dinner parties with talented chefs, for the public, at private homes. Unlike LA's snooty Secret Restaurant, anyone can sign up on the email list and if you pay before they're sold out, you're in.

You can read about the fab meals here in the San Francisco Chronicle.

They're coming to LA in a few weeks with events in Silverlake, the Valley and Mid-Wilshire. In Silverlake, $40 bucks gets ya a 4 course meal, but you gotta bring your own booze. J and I'll be there--we hope to see you too. You can find details and RSVP here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin
This sounds interesting and fun...do you happen to know who the chef is? Have you heard about the women in Echo park who hosts dinner parties? I think it is 3 courses and perhaps 25 bucks...next time i get an invote i will let you know. Hope that you are not wilting in this awful heat.
Petra

Oishii Eats said...

Erin, which night are you goin to? I think I might go to Fri night's. Sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for the info!

Erin S. said...

Petra--The chef is Cynthia Washburn--I don't know anything about her other than the website. I haven't heard about the Echo Park gigs--definitely let me know. I hear you on the heat--we spent most of the day at the beach avoiding our unairconditioned apartment.

Jeni--We're going on Thurs as I already have Fri plans....we can compare notes :)