Sunday, February 05, 2006

Color-flower



Even in shades of purple, orange and green...it still tastes like cauliflower to me. In other words, it's not my favorite. But damn, it looks amazing. The green is actually romanesco, which is categorized as a broccoli or a cauliflower--there seems to be a debate according to this article. These brightly colored veggies are full of naturally occuring antioxidant anthocyanins, which help fight cancer. All came from the Hollywood Farmer's Market this morning.

I steamed small florets of all three, then tossed with a light dressing of lemon and olive oil, and a few handfuls of chopped fresh mint, pine nuts and yellow raisins. Packing servings of this for lunch this week will make me feel a bit better about sitting on my butt in front of a computer all day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your blog makes me hungry.

Anonymous said...

That cauliflower is beautiful! You have inspired me to make some soup!

Anonymous said...

Erin ...

I'm so happy I found your blog from a comment on Rorie's! You have a lovely site.

This colourful cauliflower salad looks incredible. Pine nuts, raisins and mint in the dressing ... mmm ... I can imagine how tasty (and healthy) that would be!

Harold said...

To state more, Check http://easyfithelp.com since it's a site with extremely precious things to watch.Lots of thanks for post.
3 | 1 | 5

Anonymous said...

You are cool
check check | this check | you may here good 2 | this 2 | look link look site | check 9