Monday, December 05, 2011

Christmas Cookie Challenge: Day 5, Black Pepper Parmesan Biscotti

black peper parmesan biscotti



Merely five days in, and I'm on sugar overload. Time for a savory recipe: Black Pepper and Parmesan Biscotti. All evidence to the contrary, I'm actually a savory gal--I'll take some salty olives and cheese over chocolate any day. Or, in this case, salty cheese, spicy pepper, and--well--still--lots of butter.  Though over at the Copywriters' Kitchen they substituted olive oil for butter with no ill effects.

Biscotti are a treat so nice you bake them twice, ensuring crisp edges all around. The dough freezes beautifully--I tucked away three-quarters of this batch for a later date.

Christmas Cookie Challenge

5 comments:

Alis Stafford said...

Hi, this is a good post, indeed a great job… You must have done good research for the work; I appreciate your efforts.
CCTV Systems
CCTV Monitors

Moe Nawaz said...

Moe Nawaz has been rescuing businesses in bad times and making good businesses great since 1989 and is arguably the highest paid expert in his field in Europe, commanding in excess of £30,000 a day based on results.
Business Coach
Business Mentor

sports handicapping services said...

perfect with a rich chicken rice

ipad mini,Tablet PC said...

Thanks

link said...

Short and sweet today, like me after my morning latte — bah! If you are feeling positively sugared out but you still have days of office baked goods and well-intentioned gift bags to go, I offer up this antidote: parmesan black-pepper biscotti. Oh, it’s indulgent but in a way that is precisely 180-degrees from the half of the coconut lemon bar I did not just scarf down. (It was homemade! From scratch! I have principles, you know.) Bright and sharp, accented with mini ka-pows of black pepper, it pairs so well with red wine, eating it without may leave you with a distinct Chianti-tinged longing. Or it would if you’re a wino like me.