Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Small Bites: Post-Vacation Blahs

So, I was out of town much of last week for my (gasp!) 5 year college reunion, and have little food news to share other than Magic Hat #9 rocks, cordials at the President's house rock too (However, would you consider Midori a legit cordial??), and Smith still makes fabulous desserts, including chocolate-whisky fondue. Also, J has absconded to South Korea with my digital camera, so I'm picture-less for the week even if I was cooking. I do have a few notes for you though:

Asparagus, Asparagus, Asparagus: Kevin at Seriously Good has rounded up a gazillion different asparagus recipes from food bloggers around the globe. Very useful reference if you love the stuff but have been running out of ideas.

Food Focused Book Review: This Sunday's NYT Book Review was all about food books--memoirs, new cookbooks, chef musings on old cookbooks, how to eat ethically. Chock full of good stuff.

Masala Meaning: It just means mix. Hence masala chai, garam masala--mixes of spices. I learned this via Jeffrey Steingarten's column in this month's Vogue--all about recent travels in India. Good reading, but you'll have to buy a copy (Uma's on the cover) because it's not online.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, i was just reading this post thinking, gosh there's a lot of college reunions this past weekend, and then i realized you were at the same one as my mother. i think she's class of '71. anyways, i love your cooking. thanks for the posts!

Erin S. said...

thanks for the nice note allison...hope your mom enjoyed the reunion :)

Buy Caliplus anti impotence pills said...

I loved your point on bites very much, you have done a great job my friend.

Niagra herbal aid for impotence said...

hope it was 1 really great get-together....:)

Vimax penis enlargement pills said...

I am thankful to you for your post. This was a kind of very necessary thing for me.

Instant Performer penis enhancement gel review said...

Your point on bites very much, you have done a great job my friend.

Male Extra enhancement pills said...

This is really very cool.Masala meaning is actually very distinctive.

Provillus stop scalp hair loss fast said...

This was a kind of very necessary thing for me.

Buy Maxocum sperm pills said...

Hows your reunion . You didn't wrote about it .

Best Charcoal Smokers Review said...

Thank you for writing this article for us sir. I enjoyd it and i promise myself that i will visit your blog weekly.

Vigaplus said...

This is for sure a big thing for dealing.Such a great way of describing it so far.