Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Fresh Fennel Chips

photo by yearofeats used under Creative Commons license

Next time you're using fresh fennel bulbs, make this tasty treat to enjoy while you cook. First, cut a few very thin slices of fennel. Place on plate. Drizzle with a slug of good olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Sprinkle with a coarse salt, like Maldon Sea Salt. Then crunch, crunch, crunch. I learned this technique from my HipCooks class ages ago and its one of my favorite snacks.

Fellow foodblogger Cookthink has an excellent guide on how to prep and use fennel (via Columbus Foodie).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love fresh fennel and i nibble on it in this form often. and those fennel in your picture are sooooo huge!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I will definitely try this when I get to the the market for fresh veggies.Great blog by the way!

Anonymous said...

Fennel frightens me. I had a bad experience trying to use it in a roast many years so. Maybe it's time to face my anise-scented demon...

- Chubbypanda

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing this.

Carrie said...

I read this post on Friday and picked up some Fennel on my way home. Then I made these for my parents to snack on before lunch on Saturday. They were a HUGE hit. My dad was raving about them for the rest of the weekend and into this week to everyone he talked to. Great idea!

Zachery said...

I will say that Check this site since taht's the site having really fine subjects to study.Many thanks for information.

Anonymous said...

It won't truly have success, I consider this way.
good 5 | this 1 | also 1 look site | good link | do not forget 5 you may site | this site