Thursday, January 03, 2008

Pork Noodle Soup With Cinnamon

Pork Noodle Soup with Cinnamon
The best winter recipes make your home smell as good as the dish tastes. This soup shines in both categories. As the pork ribs cooked in a blend of water, soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, cinnamon sticks and star anise, our tiny apartment flooded with fragrance. As I cut the meat off the ribs, I couldn't resist snatching pieces of tender pork, sweet and dusky.

Click here for the soup recipe on Epicurious.


A few notes: The soup needs some spice--I'd try a crushed, dried chili or two next time. Also, I didn't like the somewhat gelatinous texture of the bean thread noodles. In the future I'll use soba, udon or rice noodles. Make sure you have plenty of time--prep is fast, but the soup needs to cook for nearly 2 hours.

2 comments:

www.la-rioja-3d.com said...

This can't truly have success, I feel this way.

Marie said...

Interestingg read